Luxury Lodges in Torres del Paine
Find out why these four hotels are the best accommodations in the breathtaking Torres del Paine National Park
- A luxury lodge in Torres del Paine is located in one of the most picturesque spots in the park, propped on the shore of the turquoise Lake Pehoe, overlooking Los Cuernos.
- The remote location of this lodge provides wildlife viewing you would not get elsewhere with possibilities to see guanacos, Rhea Nandu, South Andean Deer, or if you are extremely lucky, a puma.
- This resort takes full advantage of the many activities outside the park and in the friendly town of Puerto Natalas. In addition to hiking, they offer sea kayaking, horseback riding, mountain biking, and sailing. They also offer a more historical and cultural experience of the park.
- A unique, ecologically-friendly lodge has somehow found a way to offer a luxurious experience while staying extremely green. Your own dome becomes a warm haven after a strenuous hike and the larger communal domes are a place to meet people, have a drink and eat gourmet meals.
Deluxe Cruises in the Galapagos
See the wildlife of the Galapagos in a whole new way
If you find the prospect of a large cruise ship with thousands of fellow travelers overwhelming, but want to preserve the comfort of a luxury experience, why not consider traveling aboard a catamaran or yacht? Whether you're looking for relaxation among nature or adventure along the coast, we've compiled a list of our favorite luxury boats in the Galapagos to help you find your perfect sea adventure. Marine iguanas, sea lions, Darwin finches, and giant tortoises are just some of the incredible wildlife you'll see during your journey.
Spa Resorts in Costa Rica
Relaxing "pura vida" wellness
Looking for a rejuvenating wellness experience in Costa Rica? Spas, especially those which use ingredients from their natural surroundings, can be beneficial for your emotional and physical well-being. Resorts on this list include
- Spa resorts that are great for couples
- Spa resorts that use natural elements from the surrounding environment, including volcanic clay!
- Spa resorts that are great for kids
- Environmentally friendly spas
Luxury Trains in Peru
On track with Peru's luxury trains to Machu Picchu
How to choose between the two lines that make the run to the Inca citadel? What sorts of amenities are there on each line? And which departure point allows for maximal exploration time at the ruins themselves?
This post gives everything you need to know to take full advantage of your railway jaunt to Peru’s most photogenic world wonder. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled: the landscape changes magically, sierra to lush rain forest, just as you chug into that final stop.
Belmond Hotels in Peru
Amazing Peruvian lodges
Belmond hotels offer comfort in the midst of adventure. Each of the Belmond hotels in Peru carry their own special charm that aligns with their location. Whether you're exploring the verdant beauty of Machu Picchu, the archaeological history of Cusco, or the bustling city life of Lima, you'll enjoy unwinding at the end of the day at these luxurious resorts.
Here you'll find:
- The only hotel actually in Machu Picchu
- A lodge in a former 1500s monastery
- A hotel with a private bar for each guest
- A Lima hotel overlooking the ocean
- A hotel where you can feed baby alpacas by hand
All-Inclusive Beach Resorts in Brazil
Nothing says 'vacation' like lounging on a beautiful beach, and with 4,650 miles of tropical coastline, Brazil is definitely an ideal place for some sand and surf. These beach resorts in Brazil will allow you to experience the gorgeous Brazilian coast while appreciating the comfort of fine dining, spa amenities, couples' getaways, and more.
Here you'll find:
- Amazing beachfront restaurants
- A verdant, exclusive resort along three secluded islands
- An eco-friendly beach resort among a tropical rain forest
- Artistic, personalized casas along the beach
- Hammocks and bungalows
Deluxe Wineries in Argentina
Discover the rich history of Argentinian winemaking
Aside from seeing new sights, one of the most fascinating parts of traveling is partaking in local cuisine. Particularly in the Cuyo region of Argentina, this means wine!
- Explore the wine region of Mendoza and its well-known sub-regions, the Maipú Valley and Lujan de Cuyo, which are home to some of Mendoza's most notable wines.
- Many vineyards are available to tour, and there is usually a wine tasting afterwards.
- It is also common for vineyards to offer tastings of their artisan olive oils. It might sound mundane, but you'll never think of olive oil the same way again.